Main Salmon River Whitewater Rafting: One Day
One Day Whitewater Raft Trips:
With our affordable prices our one day trips are ideal for your next vacation.
Ideal for people of all ages (5 years and up) and abilities, whitewater rafting is an amazing journey for those looking for a fun day away from the hustle and bustle of highways and tourist locations. Whitewater rafting on the Salmon River is a relaxing yet adventurous way to spend your vacation!.
Tucked away in a remote section of the Salmon River Canyon, our One-Day Whitewater Raft Trip covers the best 13 miles of Class II and Class III rapids on the main Salmon river and begins one hour from Salmon, Idaho (near the historic town of Shoup).
This trip is ideal as a family adventure vacation for those seeking a thrilling whitewater rafting experience - not a death defying one.
We have oar boats, paddle boats and inflatable kayaks to choose from to provide for all experience and adventure levels. We provide all the equipment you will need on the river. Included with your lunch, are beverages, grilled marinated Steak, plus an Idaho baked potato and a delicious dessert. One-day whitewater rafting trips are available daily throughout the regular season (May through October). Some off season availability with advanced notice.
- 9:00 am - Your adventure begins. Greyhouse guests leave together from the property, or we pick you up in Salmon, Idaho (or North Fork, Idaho at 9:30 a.m.).
- 10:00 am - Orientation and safety clinic at the put-in. Tthen on to the river for your whitewater rafting adventure. Enjoy a few miles of Class II whitewater to get started and whet your appetite for more!
- 11:00 am - Optional riverside stop at historic Shoup for a really cool gold mine tour and a quick lesson on gold panning.
- 1:00 pm - After negotiating another 6 miles of Class II & III whitewater (and getting your photo taken in Pine Creek Rapid), stop for a delicious riverside lunch.
- 2:00 pm - Set off for a more relaxing afternoon of rafting with some easy fun waves and leisurely flat stretches - a great time to swim or try the kayak.
- 3:30 pm - End your whitewater rafting adventure on the river and head back up the river, reliving your adventure at every rapid, and then on to Salmon.
- 5:00 pm - Arrive back in Salmon with wonderful memories of your day of adventure on the "River of No Return".